A box frame is a frame in which the mounted photo has a space between the frame and the work, it is floating in it. Like a shadow gap between the wood and the frame.
You can determine the shadow gap or spacing yourself. Usually it varies between a half and a whole centimeter around the artwork.
Our Wilcovak frames are made in such a way that the list can be reused for another (new) work.
The frames are produced according to traditional methods and subsequently spray-painted in color in our own spray cabin.
If it is technically feasible, anything is possible!
World cities have inspired us. We use their names for our Wilcovak handmade frames:
|Wilcovak boxframe:||dimensions w x d|
|Tokyo||10 x 40 mm|
|Sydney||15 x 40 mm|
|Miami||10 x 50 mm|
|Singapore||15 x 50 mm|
|New York||20 x 50 mm|
|Cairo||15 x 60 mm|
|Dakar||20 x 60 mm|
|Cape Town||30 x 60 mm|
- type of wood: European walnut, oak, ash, cherry, maple, yellow-poplar
- thicknesses and depths of the frame
- width of the shadow gap between the artwork and the frame
- color of the frame: most commonly used are the black / brownish shades or white, but we can provide all RAL colors. Transparent if needed.
- how deep do you want the artwork under the suface of the frame
Above you see box frames, also read information about:
9.00 - 16.30 hrs
tel: +31 528 269 183